Date & Location
Friday, May 5, 2017 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Landsbaum Center for Health Education, Terre Haute, IN
Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Surgery
Featuring hands-on, high fidelity simulation.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Grace Rozycki
Registration Fee: $25
Click here for the location of the Landsbaum Center for Health Education.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the establishment of the regional trauma system within the state of Indiana and the structure that currently exists in West Central Indiana;
- Recognize the use of ultrasound in the diagnosis of injuries in a trauma patient;
- Identify the eight critical roles within an effective hospital incident command structure and understand the basic responsibilities of each role;
- Apply the use of tourniquets and Stop the Bleed procedures to address life threatening bleeding in the injured patient;
- Demonstrate competency in placement of intraosseous device for the resuscitation of injured patients.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Indiana University School of Medicine and West Central Indiana - Area Health Education Center. The Indiana University School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Indiana University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education credits offered by Indiana State University Continuing Nursing Education Program.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations please contact the CME office at 317-274-0104 or email@example.com. One week advance notice will allow us to provide seamless access. Please ensure to specify the accommodations you need in order to participate.
In Partnership with: