Thursday, April 28, 2016 - Friday, April 28, 2017 12:00 AM
IU Health Physicians The Role of Radiation Therapy for Women with Breast Cancer
At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the usual treatment of early-stage breast cancer
- Summarize the standard and investigational approaches to radiation therapy for breast cancer
- Identify the fundamental way in which the treatment of locally advanced breast cancer differs from that of early-stage disease
- Discuss the role of clinical trials in breast cancer management
- Explain the rationale for combining a poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor with radiation therapy
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Indiana University School of Medicine and IU Health Physicians. Indiana University School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Indiana University School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM) must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, and planning committee members participating in an IUSM-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations please contact the CME office at 317-274-0104 or email@example.com. One week advance notice will allow us to provide seamless access. Please ensure to specify the accommodations you need in order to participate.